- March 10, 2018
A hardworking and enthusiastic individual, who has completed my level 3 apprenticeship in Horse Care and Management. In the future I am wanting to progress onto becoming a competition groom. I have a interest in showjumping.
Volunteered at local RDA for 3 years
Completed my Level 2 Work Based Horse Care and Management, soon to finish my Level 3 Work Based Horse Care and Management.
Worked at RDA riding centre and Ben Hobday's Shadow Sport Horses Livery Yard at Somerford.
Previously loaned my own pony.
Completed my BHS Riding & Road Safety
RDA Assistant Coach
Current role - description
Senior Apprentice Groom & Trainee Instructor
- Follow feed, cleaning & watering schedules
- Basic horse care, bathing, brushing & clipping
- Cleaning & maintaining of tack & equipment
- Basic exercise and ground work
- Assisting vet & farrier
- Basic grounds maintenance and repair
- Mucking out & general yard duties
- Teaching general horsemanship principles & skills
- Care, exercise & behaviour of lesson horses
- Developing training programmes to suit individual riders
- Scheduling lessons
- Organising and teaching pony club