- March 6, 2016
I have substantial experience in horse care and management, gained over the years I have been involved in the industry which commenced in 2005. Within the industry I have developed great interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Haggis Farm (September 2005 - Present): A busy polo yard, livery and riding school. Here my responsibilities include; riding and exercising horses/ponies, lunging/loose schooling, tacking up, turning out, catching up, mucking out, grooming, clipping, assisting in lessons, bandaging, poo picking, polo chukkas etc.
- Elysian Horses (March 2011 - August 2012): A show jumping stud yard. At this placement, my duties included; caring for and handling the youngsters, stallions and broodmares, attending competitions as well as all general yard duties.
- Private Livery Yard (May 2011 - January 2012) Here I carried out general yard duties, attended competitions, lunging, feeding, mucking out for OCPD horse, as well as bringing on a young horse and introducing him to competitions and new things.
- Greenlands Livery (October 2012 - April 2014): At this yard I carried out general yard duties, attended events and competitions with my boss, tack cleaned to a show standard, cared for the horses at shows and went cross country schooling.
- Maldonado Polo (June 2014): Here I was attending/grooming at polo matches every weekend, riding sets and exercising everyday, playing chukkas, lunging/loose schooling, mucking out, grooming, loading lorry, looking after my employer’s 5 year old son, tack cleaning, bandaging, tail plaiting etc.
- Easton College (September 2013 - December 2014): I studied a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management here, where I carried out 300 hours of work experience. My duties included mucking out, grooming/bathing, feeding, exercising, cleaning drains, cleaning tack, lunging/long reining, building show jumping courses/dressage arena, poo picking, painting jumps, clipping, bandaging, painted stables etc.
- HillTop Equestrian Centre (February 2015 - August 2015): A busy riding school at which I was a groom/rider. My duties included general care of the horses, riding/exercising the horses, taking young horses show jumping and cross country, receiving and helping clients also taking bookings and handling money, ensuring a safe working environment, maintaining equipment and pasture care etc.
Current role - description
Civil Enforcement Officer at OCS Legion Parking - My role as Parking Assistant requires me to enforce the regulations of the 2004 Traffic Managemnet Act and to enforce Local Government (Cambridge Council) parking restrictions in order to maintain a free flow of traffic, to help keep pedestrians safe and to ensure that all parking requirements are being complied with. I have to communicate with a variety of the general public on a daily basis and deal with much conflict and confrontation. I am a strong, confident person and I am able to handle myself well in these types of situations and have a strong point of communication.