Last Updated: 12th January 2021 (15 days ago)
An enthusiastic hard working individual, who prides herself on being reliable, committed and punctual. Able to work as a member of a team or equally can be independent. Willing to undertake any training to enhance skill base. Organized and conscientious, pays attention to detail.
NE showjumping: Freelance groom January 2020-September 2020
Competition and home groom
• Grooming at home and show Jumping competitions
• Exercising/hacking horses
• Veterinary assistance and care administered when needed
• Liaising with the manager about stock levels and routine plans
Douglas and Gordon: November 2019 – July 2020
• Responsible for applicant customer service
• Arranging viewings as required and establishing rapport with applicants
• Efficiently deal with landlord and tenant enquiries
• Manage paperwork efficiently and effectively to ensure tenants can move in on time
• Organise external parties to carry out work on properties
• Excellent customer service skills
O Equine, Hong Kong Jockey Club: March 2019-October 2019
Head Event Groom
• Grooming for the Hong Kong Jockey Club event horses at home along with national and international competition.
• Exercise of the event horses on a daily basis, including flat work, lunging and fast work.
• Meeting strict deadlines at high pressured competitions.
• Ensuring that eventing barn is maintained to a high standard with excellent organisational skills.
• Veterinary care administered, clipping, plaiting, bandaging and general stable duties.
• Liaising with Performance managers, Yard manager and Riders regarding horse updates.
HM the Queen, London: January 2015 – March 2019
• Caring for and maintaining health and wellbeing of the horses, including but not limited to administering veterinary care, clipping, plaiting, bandaging (stable and exercise) and general grooming.
• Ensuring stables are clean and tidy for tourists, general harness cleaning including brush polish to a high standard.
• Role includes training, driving and riding the horses around central London for and on State Visits, Credentials and Investitures.
Myerscough College, Preston: August 2013 - January 2015
• Writing lecture material for first, second and third year students.
• Keeping up to date records of student progress through summative and formative assessments.
• Course tutor and personal tutor for second year students.
• Sole module lecturer on equine biomechanics, equine biology, equine therapy, data handling, equestrian psychology, equine health and equine training and behaviour.
• Sole responsibility for marking and assessing students throughout the year.
• Liaising with other departments for collaborative work.
Potters yard, Newtown: January 2013 - August 2013
• Working with young stock, feeding, checking horse’s health and well-being turned out at pasture, general yard duties (mucking out, grooming, aiding the farrier with young stock, minor veterinary care).
• Reporting to Owner the progress of the youngstock.
Lluest Equine centre, Aberystwyth: December 2012 - January 2013 (Seasonal Work)
• Working with University horses.
• General grooming duties, mucking out stables daily, feeding and exercising horses.
• Delegating work to other seasonal workers.
Julian Graves, Aberystwyth: January 2010 – June 2012
• Sole charge of shop opening and closing promptly.
• Responsible for cash handling and paying in to the bank in a timely fashion.
• Ensuring shop floor was presentable and full of products.
• Providing customers with excellent customer service.
Aberystwyth University: November 2009 - December 2009
Annual fund caller
• Telephoning Alumni to raise funds for University projects
Lancashire Constabulary Mounted branch, Preston: January 2009 - September 2009
Casual Stable hand/Groom
• Grooming and preparing police horses for duty in Central Lancashire.
Power Sports Horses, Newtown: June 2009 - August 2009
• Exercising horses (hacking out), mucking out stables, feeding, lunging and attending shows when needed.
• Turn out for shows (plaiting, quarter marks, bandaging).
• General yard maintenance (driving small tractor, maintaining school surface)
• Turn out and home grooming of the Stallions
Vastre Veterinary centre, Newtown: March 2008 - June 2009
• Reception duties, administering advice to clients.
• Also monitoring post-operative patients, nursing in theatre and dispensing medicines.
• General nursing duties such as maintenance of operating equipment and sterilisation.
• General administration work, updating records, contacting insurance companies, meeting and greeting clients as they enter the reception.
• Registering new clients and offering packages provided by the Veterinary surgery
ASRS - Qatar: September 2020-ongoing
• Responsible for managing a yard of over 140 horses
• Managing a team of 25 grooms and the farrier daily, including rota planning, holiday planning and disciplinary action
• Responsible for liaising with procurement to purchase supplies on bulk order
• Sole charge of administering veterinary care (IV injection, IM injection and first aid)
• Liaising with riding co-ordinator to implement training plans for the riding school horses
• Training and schooling horses
• Reporting to the Royal Family on progress of centre improvement
• KPI and report writing for the centre and individuals
• Assisting and teaching lessons to clients
• Member of the horse and facility improvement team
• Maintaining an excellent working relationship with livery clients, lease clients and riding school students