Due to our expanding yard of horses and an influx of new clients, we are now looking for someone to take on the role of Head Groom at our yard in Hampshire.
This job will include:
- All normal yard duties (mucking out, turning in/out, poo picking, grooming & tack cleaning)
- Clipping, trimming & plaiting
- Ability to turn out to a high standard when preparing horses for competitions, training and sales viewings
- This is not a riding position but the ability to ride for the purpose of hacking and some gallop work is a massive bonus.
- HGV licence and experience driving horses is hugely valued, but not essential
The right person must:
- Be trustworthy, hardworking and efficient
- Be confident and capable around young, fit sports horses. Some work will include assisting in breaking/producing youngsters from the grounds.
- Have the ability and desire to demonstrate high standards within their work, both on the yard and within turnout of horses at shows
- Be comfortable left in sole charge of the yard on some occasions
- Be happy to travel away to competitions/training as head groom on some occasions
In return, the job will provide great opportunities, including:
- Joining a fun team of 5 where you would be the right hand person for the rider.
- Opportunities, if desired, to travel to events both nationally and internationally from BE100 up to 5*.
- Getting to work alongside top class horses at varied levels, with gorgeous personalities as well as the joy of working with breakers and youngsters and seeing them progress.
- Opportunity to keep own horse on the yard and receive regular training (not included in pay package)
Live out preferred but accommodation can be provided on-site for a short term period.
Good pay available, wage based on experience and skill set.
To start end of February/start of March
For more information or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07557799443