Experienced Competition Groom required for mixed yard of dressage and event horses.
We are looking for someone who is able to travel to and groom at BD and BE for horses from 4 year olds upwards, at national and international competitions.
Candidates will have extremely high standards of turn out both at home and away, be super organised and able to manage their time effectively.
You will need to be a competent rider, able to hack large, fit horses, including stallions plus help with fast work on the gallops and assist with the backing and educating of young horses in the arena.
All usual yard duties are included when at home from mucking out to clipping. We are a small team and all muck in (and out!) together so you must be happy to work as part of the team and have a good sense of humour!
The yard and horses are kept to the very highest of standards so attention to detail is a must, and as we hold clinics from time to time candidates must be tidy, happy and comfortable communicating with the public.
At least 2 years experience in a similar role. References will be required
Must drive up to a 7.5t horsebox
Shared cottage available on site
Top class facilities, lovely horses and a super working environment.
Travelling to competitions up to FEI level
- Earliest start date 3rd November 2018
- Position/s available Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5 including weekends
- Salary guide £18,000
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No